508: Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream

August 13, 2012

Maybe some of you know that aside from being a blogger and a mom, I am also an online seller at Shop Caboodle. It started last April of this year with the goal of just selling random stuff that are cute yet useful. As of the moment, aside from cute stuff, we are also selling As Seen On TV items and a lot more. One of the items that we are selling is the Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream which according to many is considered as the affordable version of NYX Matte Lip Cream. Honestly, I already sold out a handful number of Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream without even trying them on myself thus I decided to actually just borrow the one my sister bought and test out the product myself. Shameless plugging on the online shop part but here's my review of the product.

According to my supplier, other online sellers, and the packaging; Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream is from Germany and it has 12 different shades numbered 501 to 512.

This list is for the new shades of Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream.
501 - shocking pink
502 - fuchsia pink
503 - red velvet
504 - copper red
505 - wild pink
506 - old rose
507 - bloom pink
508 - hot pink
509 - pinky orange
510 - peach orange
511 - peach pink
512 - orange
Anyway, my sister bought the 508 - Hot Pink shade.
Comes in a cute and small tube and the cap actually has seal on it.
Lip Applicator
I find the tube packaging cute because it is small which makes it really handy. It has a little flag that shows the shade number and has a lip applicator for easy application although it doesn't have any indication as to how many mL the lip cream is. Also, be careful in pulling out the applicator for the the tube's hole is almost the exact fit of the applicator that if you force it too much then the foam of the applicator will definitely get stuck inside.
Before applying the lip cream
Since according to my sister and some reviews, that the lip cream actually stay true to its 24 hour long lasting effect, I applied petroleum jelly on my lips first before applying the lip cream. Also, to give it a little gloss because I don't want to have a too matte lips. Also, I kind of lessen the amount of lip cream on the applicator so that the color will not be that bold since I just want to have a little color on my pale lips.
After applying petroleum and lip cream
Photos are all taken inside our house but will post some photos while wearing the lip crem outside some other time.
Final result
Please excuse my face for I don't really plan on taking a photo except for my lips but I kind of figure out that it will look good if I take some photos with my face in it. Oh well, next time I should be prepared and at least put some blush on my cheeks, LOL!



PS. Hope I did good because it is my first time to do such product review especially with cosmetics.

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. I love your review. Super effort!! Great job sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Super effort talaga kasi first time ko, hehe.

      Delete
  2. wooow.. this looks like a nice lippy sis :) I like matte lip creams. I have one from NYX..ok naman siya.. kaso nakakadry lng talaga ng lips ung NYX :(


    xoxo
    Rhea Bue (Styles & Writes)
    http://bebe-doll.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and its cheaper than NYX although I haven't tried matte lip cream from NYX kasi mas gusto ko yung round lipstick nila.

      Delete
  3. Nice. First time ha :) Okay naman. How much yung ganyan? I'll check your shop after. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time talaga, hehe. Message me na lang sa Facebook masyado nang shameless plugging e, hahahaha.

      Delete
  4. very nice and seems affordable. This is good for those needing long lasting color but I rarely use matte lipstick though because at my age, it can be very drying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really affordable especially to those who really can't afford to buy high end cosmetics.

      Delete
  5. it looks okay when you don't apply too much.. :) and I hear mahirap daw yan tanggalin? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Kaya naglagay muna ako ng petroleum para hindi masyado kumapit sa lips ko, hehe.

      Delete
  6. Looks good on you Angie! Affordable pa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, super affordable talaga.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Definitely a great product for the ladies lalo na yung mga under a budget.

      Delete
  8. oh perfect! this is exactly what i was looking for! cause the one i got before gets chappy. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to apply some petroleum jelly or lip shines or something before you apply the lip cream because since its matte then expect to have a chappy lips.

      Delete
  9. I cannot determine the color because it's pink with flash and peach without; but I like how it stays for 24hrs. Lip tattoo, haha how much it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hirap nga to determine the color but I also love how it stays for 24 hours :)

      Delete
  10. I like the shade that your sister bought but I am with the "Shocking Pink" shade,ahahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shocking Pink talaga, hahaha! I think will do another review for other colors as well.

      Delete
  11. I love the matte lipstick or lip cream. They are so easy to apply and doesn't remove easily as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a good beauty product, you did the review real well enough to make me buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi sis, this is #508 of new shade which is called Magenta:) Old Shades doesn't have the name "excel" on its cap:) anyways, I really love this review. I am also using & selling Excel Paris and I am really inlove with it, my buyers seems to love it too. Thanks and More Power! God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete