May 26, 2016
I've been making us of google to search for that perfect recipe for Bicol Express but unfortunately most of the recipes that I've tried were a total failure. Hey! Those failed attempt of cooking Bicol Express didn't stop me from my mission, LOL! Lo and behold, I finally found the easiest and perfect recipe while watching YouTube.
The recipe that I'm going to share with you was also shared by a YouTuber named Maphy on her cooking channel TaraLetsCook. Yes, go ahead and check her channel and don't forget to subscribe to her as well. *wink wink wink*
Ingredients and cooking procedure are so easy as 1-2-3. Here's the breakdown of the ingredients based on the Bicol Expess video that Maphy shared on her channel.
- 1 kilo Pork Kasim (strips)
- 1 to 2 cups Coconut Milk and Cream (mixed)
- Long Chili or Jalapeno Peppers (depending on desired spicy level)
- Shrimp Paste
- Long Bean (or any desired vegetables)
- Put all the ingredients (except Long Chili or Jalapeno Peppers and Long Beans) in a wok or cooking pan
- Let it simmer until the coconut milk and cream are cooked. Keep in mind to continuously mix the ingredients from time to time to prevent the ingredients from sticking to the pan which will cause for burnt ingredients
- Once oil from the pork and coconut milk and cream came out, you may now add the remaining ingredients which are the long beans and long chili or jalapeno peppers
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes
- Put in a serving bowl then serve
I'll embed the video below just in case you want to see the whole cooking procedure. Jus a side note, video is in Filipino language.
Another easy yet yummy ulam ideas for you and your family to enjoy. I can't wait to cook this again over the weekend or maybe I'll go try her version of Dinuguan, yum!