I've been using my Cara (retails at Php 390) wallet from McKayla for three (3) straight months now and I'm very much satisfied on how it is well-made despite the fact that I always carry it around - errands or non-errands. Cara's dimension of 6.5" x 5" may sound small but I do attest on how spacious the wallet is that it can actually fit two (2) mobile phones - MyPhone Agua Vortex and Starmobile UP just to be exact.
Monday, May 26, 2014
EasyShop.ph's pre-launch event which was held last May 18, 2014 in San Juan City, Philippines. The event was dubbed as the "Seller's Night" drew a huge crowd as online sellers, bloggers and others in the web community joined the company's officials and partners in celebrating the newest online marketplace based in Green Lounge Events Place at the BTTC Center in San Juan City, Philippines.
Present in the said event to convince the audience on why EasyShop is the next big thing in the online buy-and-sell marketplace were Nelson Liao, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and President of EasyShop Online Inc; Sam Gavino, web development head; and Jerry Pereda marketing chief.
Also present were online bloggers numbering around a dozen, roughly 20-25 online plus other guests including supporters and partners of the fledgling company.
“The data as of May 16th is that we have 2,000 registered users in our website and around 5,000 products already posted,” proudly shared Liao during a roundtable with the bloggers.
The figures look promising indeed as the website’s official launch is still on June 15, 2014 but more importantly, Liao emphasized on the security of the site—using the phrase “scam-free” multiple times during interviews.
“Other online buy-and-sell sites, it’s just a platform; it is not engaged in the transactions of the buyer and seller so there are lots of scams or it’s open to potential scams. They open the platform and then leave the buyers and sellers to their business; that’s the problem they don’t have any sort of monitoring,” said Liao, a graduate of De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde in 2009.
“The main difference with us is that EasyShop is engaged with the transactions to assure that the money is secure. Unless the buyer has received the goods it’s only then that we release the money to the seller. On the other hand, sellers won’t have to worry about the payments since the money is already with EasyShop even before delivery.”
In between the discourse by the designated speakers for the night, prizes and freebies—from smartphones, tablets to a big screen LED TV-- were given away via a raffle for those who had signed-up in the website and attended the event.
Among the partners for the pre-launch event are SKK Mobile, Mogao BS Mobile, Michaela, CCK Mobile, Yousie and Epson.
EasyShop.ph has a partnership with Nelsoft Technology, Inc. and PoziHongkong Technology Ltd.—two reliable software development entities that handles the website.
Friday, May 23, 2014
I never really count myself among those people who call themselves the "best friend ever" kind of friend. Why? Because I'm not perfect and I really can't be there 24/7 especially during those times where my friends needed me the most. Nevertheless, I am still so blessed to have few and selected friends that truly understands.
|Image from google.com|
Anyhow, here's my list of 20 ways you can be the best friend ever despite the lack of hanging out together.
- Do "LIKE" and/or "COMMENT" on their Facebook updates, Instagram post and even on their tweets on Twitter. In that way, your friends will still feel your presence even if its a cyber one. Also, it'll make you and your friends be up to date on what is going on with your lives.
- You'll end up hating a certain person, just because. I'm not sure if you will totally agree on these one but my friends and I do, LOL! No, we are not mean girls but I just realized that once a certain person did something to one of us then majority of us will end up hating the same person without us being told.
- You can freely discuss anything and everything under the sun - good to the nastiest one. You are really the "best friend ever" kind of friend if you'll be able to discuss things - sensitive or not - without feeling harassed nor embarrassed.
- You'll be able to criticized and use vulgar insults at each others face. Come on, you wouldn't be a friend if you'll keep sugar-coating every word that you'll say. True friends are the ones who criticized and insult you the most so you'll be able to change and be saved from other people's criticism and insult. Right?
- You take photos together and post especially the bad ones. Again, it may sound mean but laughing at each other is not that bad because it only means that you are comfortable with each other and it'll serve as a good memory to cherish.
- You must show up. I'm guilty of ditching my friends because I have my own family to prioritized but it would really be nice to show up on your friends especially on those times that everything was all set.
- You should be able to give advice and at the same time know when to stop. Its not always happy moments when we're with our friends. There are those times that our friends needed someone to really listen to them and help them with their problems. Giving advice will really lift their spirit but don't forget to know your cue on where you should stop talking and all you have to do is to listen to them.
- You should learn to forgive and accept your friend completely. No one's perfect so just in case your friend commits something that is beyond your wildest and greatest imagination just forgive and forget after all you are not perfect yourself either.
- Be serious and silly at the same time. Well, there are just those times that you need to stop goofing around and just be serious, right?
- Have those weird conversations. You know, where only you and your friends will relate to whatever the topic on hand is while others will start thinking if they'll call the mental hospital to get you and your friends arrested for having the weirdest conversation ever.
- Do keep your promise. Simple! If you promise that you'll go shopping with them from when the mall open until it close then keep it.
- Be loyal. Yes! Being loyal also applies to friendship because how can your friends trust you if you don't know how to hold unto them.
- Be able to grow together. Learn to understand that as time goes your friendship will not be the same as that of when you were in kindergarten. Try to understand that there are certain things that needs to change and prioritizes to settle first. No, friendship should not stop when your friends are already involve with someone else and as a matter of fact it'll be fun if you'll be able to accept their significant others to join in your circle of friends. Respect begets respects. Don't feel bad if your friend's priority would change from you to family.
- Be able to have your own identity. You may be friends but it doesn't permit you to become who they are. Be yourself because after all they loved you for who you are.
- You should turn-off your phone. I was so lucky to have friends who keep their phone away from them when we are together except for times that we need to take pictures together or sneak in a little text messages. It will totally offend your friends if you are out with them but keeps on sending text messages to the person who is not with you right at the moment.
- Do make them special. I'm not saying that you should spend something to make your friends special. A simple random text message or comment on their Facebook timeline will do.
- You shouldn't expect something in return. True friends don't expect favors to be returned because eventually your friends will know if they've done something for you and will be willing to return it whenever you need it. Please, do not beg them to return the favor that you've done for them.
- Be their biggest fan. Isn't it nice to have friends who'll cheer you up and just be your biggest fan.
- Be their own hero. It will just be great to know that a friend will always be there for you through thick or thin whoever picking your battle won't harm. If you know that your friend is not right then rub them in their face instead of tolerating them.
- Communicate. What are friends are for if you just start neglecting them. No, it doesn't mean that you should be able to hang out with them 24/7 rather spare some time to send them a text message or maybe like their Facebook and Instagram updates.
As the saying goes, "A real friend calls just to bother you on whatever you are doing but isn't it the sweetest?" With GoUnli20, it’s now easy to call without a need for a prefix and it’s just P20 for unli calls, 15mb of mobile surfing, and 20 texts to all networks! Kaya if you need a friend, don’t call me, I’ll call you!